Dave is a Strategic Advisor in the Profit Enhancement Solutions group, a division of Smith & Gesteland, LLP. Dave has worked in a variety of industries including bulk chemical manufacturing, agricultural products, pharmaceutical, electric power distribution and commercial kitchen equipment.
He has a broad range of experience with companies such as Nalco Chemical, Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, The West Bend Company and Illinois Tool Works.
Most recently, Dave worked for 10 years with Illinois Tool Works (ITW) in a variety of operations management, sales, and engineering roles. He has been instrumental in applying the 80/20 principle in all areas within the businesses he has worked. He has extensive experience with Lean Manufacturing methods including Kaizen Events, 5S, and In-Lining. Dave has worked with improving profitability and creating growth in a multitude of individual business units with a wide range of products. He has worked with brands such as Wolf Range, Vulcan, Hobart, Traulson, Wittco, and Crimsco. He has held management positions from Vice President to General Manager to Engineering Manager and has been integral in developing new products over the past 10 years.
ITW is a Fortune 200 company with $19 billion in revenues and over 59,000 employees working in 900 companies and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois with operations worldwide.
Functionally, Dave has worked in the following areas:
- Plant floors Layout
- In-line Manufacturing & Assembly
- Packaging Design
- Bulk Chemical Processing
- Spray Dryer, Fluid Bed Dryer, Rotary Dryer
- Fermentation, Chemical Reactors, and Liquid Process Blending
- Separation Processes, Centrifuges, Filtration, Decanters, Reverse Osmosis
- Milling and Particle Classification
- Ribbon Blender, Drum Blender, V blender
- Evaporators, Falling Film, Rising Film, Multiple Effect, Thermal/Mechanical Vapor Recompression
- Extruders, Homogenizers, Colloidal Mills
- Steel Fabrication, TIG Welding, MIG Welding, Spot Welding, Press Brake, Impact Press, Laser
- Rubber Injection Molding
- Parts Washers, Solvent Recovery, Heating Systems
- Steam Generators, Steam Strippers, Heat Exchangers
- Galvanizing, Plating, Polishing
Dave received his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Illinois in Chicago.