Steve Biegacki is a Strategic Advisor in the Profit Enhancement Solutions group, a division of Smith & Gesteland, LLP. He is a proven senior executive with experience commercializing technologies and products that deliver profitable revenue growth to meet financial performance goals. He spent over 30 years of his career at primarily two companies; Rockwell Automation and Belden. Some of his career accomplishments include:
- Led the company-wide marketing transformation from a product-centric push organization to a customer-centric demand generation organization which resulted in sales of the entire Rockwell Automation portfolio to delivering >$6.0 billion of global revenue in customer focus segments and geographies.
- Led the development of global pricing policies and processes to deliver consistent and aligned pricing for global customers, increased sales due to improved quote responsiveness and expanded margins of 400 basis points.
- Developed and launched an industrial communications standard called Control and Information Protocol (CIP) and a global trade association to manage it. CIP provided the foundation for the Industrial Internet of Things.
- Globalized the marketing function to drive consistency and gain efficiency for programs, brand management, and market access to drive commercial productivity of 10% and adding $11M operating profit to the company.
- Obtained global sales growth of two times market growth rate for Components and Power Control portfolios by leveraging the Rockwell Automation unified sales team, leveraging the OEM/Machine Builder program, and by focusing business development on engineering constructors and water/wastewater customers.
- Launched a new control system architecture – the Integrated Architecture including the Logix line of programmable controllers resulting in creating a new market share leading standard in control, driving to 50%+ market share of the PLC market in North America.
- Invented and implemented the Belden Market Delivery System (MDS) – a system of five interrelated processes to drive alignment across the company and sustainable improvements for commercial activities. MDS defined:
- Selection of attractive vertical markets/applications
- Customer acquisition and engagement strategies
- Channel management
- Market awareness for products and solutions
- Designed and implemented a restructuring of the business units and sales organizations from product-centric to customer-centric solution businesses with an emphasis on vertical alignment for the broadcast, enterprise, and industrial global business units.
- Created a Belden global account program, which ultimately drove organic growth of two times market growth; typically, 4% to 10% or $4M to $10M+ annual growth. Achieved by expanding customer adoption of the broadening Belden portfolio.
- Created and led a global vertically focused industrial global sales and marketing organization that drove share capture of greater than 3% (typically $20M) each year by improved sales planning, sales training and cross-selling, sales and marketing alignment, and business unit product portfolio alignment.
- Led the development and implementation of the channel strategy delivering share capture of 2% each year, achieving approximately $30M annual revenues.
- Established a Voice-of-Customer program, which improved “ease of doing business” areas in all business units, ultimately driving alignment around improvement. Increased On Time Delivery from 90% to 96% +.
- Applied LEAN tools to improve processes of quote turnaround time, new product launch, lead generation, and the quota setting – identifying and removing bottlenecks and driving sales productivity of 6%.
- Created line-of-site compensation programs, an annual recognition event to honor the top 10% of sales associates, and ad hoc recognition awards across all business platforms improving sales talent retention to 95%.
Steve has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from ETI Technical College in Cleveland, Ohio. He also attended the Case Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA Program. Being a Clevelander, Steve’s favorite sports teams are the Indians and Cavaliers. He also enjoys snow skiing, swimming, golf, global travel, and boating.